Now, nobody had to leave their study due to financial problems. You can continue your study with the help of the West Bengal Student Credit Card scheme. Student Credit Card West Bengal is introduced by Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee. You can study anywhere in India or outside of India in any field with the help of this scheme. The students who are studying in any coaching center for the competitive exams are also eligible for this scheme.
Students can get an amount of up to rupees 10 lakh loan with interest of 4% from any bank. Students have to pay the loan amount under 15 years. During the study period, a concession in interest of 1% will be given if the interest amount is fully paid. The maximum age for applying West Bengal Student Credit Card scheme is 40.
West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme Details
|Name of the Scheme||West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme|
|Inaugurated By||Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee|
|Purpose of the Scheme||Financial help to students for their study|
|Minimum age for eligibility||15 years|
|Maximum age for eligibility||40 years|
|Maximum loan amount||10 lakhs|
|Interest rate||4% per annum|
|Time for loan payment||15 years|
|Minimum qualification||10th pass|
Eligibility for Student Credit card Scheme in West Bengal
- The student must be Indian and residing in West Bengal at least for ten years.
- Minimum qualification is 10th pass and must be studying in higher education.
- The student age must be under 40 while applying for this scheme.
- The student have to upload their semester or yearly report on each.
Documents needed for West Bengal Student Credit Card
- Colored photo of the applicant in .jpg or .jpeg format and size is under 20kb to 50kb.
- Colored photo of the guardian in .jpg or .jpeg format and size is under 20kb to 50kb.
- Scanned signature of the applicant in .jpg or .jpeg format and size is under 10kb to 50kb.
- Scanned signature of the guardian in .jpg or .jpeg format and size is under 10kb to 50kb.
- Aadhaar card of the student in .pdf format and size is under 50kb to 400kb.
- Class 10th registration certificate of the student if Aadhaar Card is not available in .pdf format and size is under 50kb to 400kb.
- Address proof of the guardian in .pdf format and size is under 50kb to 400kb.
- Admission receipt of the student in .pdf format and size is under 50kb to 400kb.
- PAN card or Declaration letter if there is no PAN card of the student in .pdf format and size is under 50kb to 400kb.
- PAN card or Declaration letter if there is no PAN card of the guardian in .pdf format and size is under 50kb to 400kb.
- Documents from the institute where the course fee is shown in .pdf format and size is under 50kb to 400kb.
The format of the declaration letter is below.
How to get Student Credit Card in West Bengal?
You can apply for Student Credit Card in West Bengal online on the official website of West Bengal student Credit Card, www.wbscc.wb.gov.in. At first, you have to register yourself in the online portal of WBSCC. After registration, you have to log in to your account and have to apply for the Student credit card.
Here is the complete guide to getting West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme.
West Bengal Student Credit Card Registration
Step2- Fill the details in the opened form like your Name, Date of Birth, Aadhaar Number. In Present Course of Study, click on Program type area and select which Degree or Program you are in.
Select the State and District where your Institution is located, and select the program name or course name which you are studying. Then select your Institute and fill the contact details and password and then click on submit button.
Step3- After submitting your registration form, you will get an OTP to the mobile number you have entered. Enter the OTP and click on verify button.
Step4- After verifying your mobile number, an application ID will be sent to your mobile number like WBSCC123456789 that. Please keep it safe because it is your user ID to login in the portal. It will be used in all further processes.
West Bengal Student Credit Card Portal login
To apply online for WBSCC you have to log in to your account in the West Bengal Student Credit Card Portal. You need the password that you have entered while registration and the Application ID that is sent to your mobile number to log in. Follow the below step to log in.
Step1- Go to the official the portal www.wbscc.wb.gov.in and click on Student Login.
Step2- Enter your Application ID and Password and fill the captcha code and click on login button.
How to apply for Student Credit Card in West Bengal?
After login to the portal, you will see the page like this.
Step1- You have to click on Apply Now to complete your application process.
Step2- After clicking on Apply now, you will get a form. Fill all the required details in the form. If you don’t have pan card then you have to submit an undertaking latter. The format of undertaking letter is below.
Step3- Enter your co-borrower details. The co-borrower will be your guardian, your father or mother, or any else.
Step4- Enter your permanent address, course details, and your income details.
Step5- After that, fill in the bank details of the applicant and the co-borrower.
Step6- Upload the required documents and then click on Save and Continue Button.
Step7- After opt for save and continue, you will see your form. Check all the details, if there is any wrong information then correct it. After checking all the details, click on Submit Application button.
Step8- Click on the yes button in the popup window to confirm submission.
The application process for West Bengal Student Credit Card is completed. You can see your application details after submitting your application. You can track your application status by login in next time. It usually takes a few weeks to process your application.