On the occasion of 75th Independence Day, PM Narendra Modi launched a scheme Yuva PM Scheme for Mentoring Young Authors to establish young authors in India. A total of 75 writers will be selected across all over India through a contest in MyGov. The selected authors will get rupees 50000 for six months that is rupees 3lakh.
The winners also get online training from the National Book Trust. They can also join many book fairs, literature festivals, and many more cultural programs for their improvement in knowledge.
What is Mentoring Yuva Scheme?
- 1 What is Mentoring Yuva Scheme?
- 2 The aim of this scheme?
- 3 Eligibility of Mentoring Yuva Scheme?
- 4 Mentoring Yuva Scheme Topic list
- 5 How to apply for Mentoring Yuva Scheme?
- 6 Mentoring Yuva Scheme selection process
- 7 FAQ on Mentoring Yuva Scheme
Mentoring Yuva Scheme is a scheme for young writers across all over India. In this scheme, the best writers will be selected and awarded with a scholarship of rupees 3 lakh. A book of those writers will also be published and translated in all the regional languages, and they also get paid a royalty of 10% for their writing.
|Name of the Scheme||Yuva PM Scheme for Mentoring Young Authors|
|Launched by||PM Narendra Modi|
|Contest starts Date||04/06/2021|
|Age limit||30 years|
|Benefit||Scholarship of rupees 3 lakh and many more.|
|Name announced Date||15/08/2021|
The aim of this scheme?
India is the world’s 3rd largest country in book printing. There is so much potential for writers in India. The main aim of this scheme is to empower and mentoring young writers and make them leaders for future India to build the nation. In this scheme, not only writers will be benefited, but also they can express their knowledge in their mother tongue to represent India at the international level.
- Empowering young writers and give them a platform.
- Creating an ecosystem for young writers.
- Creating a lot of potential for young writers to build a new nation.
- Make the program successful for Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat.
- Develop a stream of writers and promote Indian culture, heritage and knowledge.
- Promote all the writers to write in their mother tongue.
- Represent India in the International level.
- Make writing as other profession.
Eligibility of Mentoring Yuva Scheme?
There are no such complex eligibility criteria for this scheme. Few are below
- The contestant must be an Indian Citizen.
- He or she must be under the age of 30 as on 01/06/2021.
- The manuscript will be under 5000 words.
- The topic must be on National Movement.
- The manuscript in English will be in Times New Roman format and font size of 14.
Mentoring Yuva Scheme Topic list
You can write on any topic but must be related to Indian National Movement. The topic list or theme for Mentoring Yuva Scheme is below.
- Story of any National Hero
- Story on Indian National Movement
- Role of various places in India for National Movement
- Economical, Cultural, Political or Science related to National Movement
- Fiction or Non-fiction story
- Your travelling memory related to National Movement
- Love or romance fiction
- Fiction for children or adults
- Manuscript of your research
How to apply for Mentoring Yuva Scheme?
- To apply for this scheme, go to the website https://innovateindia.mygov.in/yuva/.
- After the webpage open, click on Click here to submit button on the left side corner.
- Then register yourself by clicking on Register now.
- After registering, login to your account.
- After log in, click on mentoring yuva and then click here to submit button and fill the form.
- Upload your birth certificate and your manuscript in PDF format and click on submit button.
Mentoring Yuva Scheme selection process
- Candidates for this scheme will be selected across all over India by a contest in Mygov.
- Selection of the candidates will be made by a committee of National Book Trust.
- The candidate have to submit a manuscript of 5000 words.
- The announcement of the selected candidate will be on 15august 2021.
FAQ on Mentoring Yuva Scheme
FAQ on Yuva PM Scheme for Mentoring Young Authors is below.
What is the theme of Mentoring Yuva Scheme?
The theme of Mentoring Yuva Scheme is National Movement. You can write any fiction or non-fiction story under 5000 words. You can write on travel, love, biography, story of some places but must be related to National Movement.
In which language, the contestant can write?
You can write your manuscript in English or below 22 regional languages.
(1) Asamiya, (2) Bangla, (3) Gujarati, (4) Hindi, (5) Kannada, (6) Kashmiri, (7) Konkani, (8) Malayalam, (9) Manipuri, (10) Marathi, (11) Nepali, (12) Odia, (13) Punjabi, (14) Sanskrit, (15) Sindhi, (16) Tamil, (17) Telugu, (18) Urdu, (19) Bodo, (20) Santhali, (21) Maithili and (22) Dogri
Can I submit more than one manuscript?
You can submit only one manuscript for Yuva PM Scheme for Mentoring Young Authors.
What is the format for the manuscript?
The manuscript must be typed in Times New Roman font and the font size is 14. Handwritten manuscripts are not acceptable.
If you have any questions on Yuva PM Scheme for Mentoring Young Authors, please don’t hesitate to comment below.